random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well I did it. After being virtually housebound for a little more than 2 weeks, I went out. Reid & I drove around town - I hadn't seen any of the effects of the windstorm. The park was something to see. I understand that it has been cleaned up quite a bit, but I actually think that it looks pretty good. I'm not sure that the trees falling was a bad thing. It was a jolt to be reminded of the power of nature. Those were some mighty large trees!

Then we went home. I haven't seen it at all since the accident. I felt kicked in the stomach when we pulled in the driveway. Quite a sight. The front yard is covered with glass and it's kinda hard to miss the sheets of plywood covering the front entrance. Inside...well, it was okay. I was actually thinking I might remember something - just even a shadow - but nope. Nothing. Nada. Zip. The only thing that broke me is to imagine what our kids (daughters & nieces)saw and had to go through. It kills me to think of what they went through. And yet, it could have been so much worse. We had help and friends arrive to whisk them to safety and love almost immediately.

The house, well, it's coming along. It's still got repairs going on but it will be fine. Actually probably better than before the storm.

And I've still got repairs going on, but I'm going to be fine. Actually probably better than before the storm. You see, I was given such a gift. I discovered that God really is taking care of me and those I love. I discovered that I love my life. And I found that I have family and friends that are amazing. Beyond amazing. People I can count on without reservation.

I guess the word is blessed. And I truly am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home