random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, January 26, 2007

1 mega concussion, 1 broken shoulder, 1 bruised lung, 2 fractured vertebrae, 6 cracked ribs....1 happy camper. not only happy but humbled and extremely thankful camper.

As so many of you are aware - I had the pleasure of being a casualty in a huge windstorm a couple weeks ago. It seems our neighbours back decking blew off, went over the top of their house and came through our front door and windows. It also seems that I was in the process of getting my daughter and nieces down stairs into safety. I was hit in the stairway and knocked out. I say "it seems" because I haven't even the foggiest recollection of these events. I do know that my family is safe and I'm alive - all the rest is just not that important.

God gave us many miracles that day. People were home when they weren't supposed to be, others arrived just when they needed to and our medical system ran like the dream Tommy Douglas always thought it would be.

I have many things in my heart to share and go through. But I'm still on mega drugs and my time here at computer-land is limited. The most important things I need to share today are these....
-Go hug the people you care about. Just because.
-I have to say thank you. Which is very inadequate. I am undone by the wave of flowers, cards, phone calls and visits. I am completely and in every way thankful to each and every one of you who has brought meals and treats and who has thought of my parents, my sister's family, and Reid and my girls.

So thanks. a million thanks. and much more.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are back bloggin, I am thankful you are alive and in my life and my daughters life. I will call and come by for that coffee visit.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Niki said...

Glad to see a new blog! I have been checking these past few days, knowing that a new entry would mean you are doing well and recovering from your miraculous ordeal! We have been praying for you lots (as has our C&C Bible study group) and happy to hear you are on the mend and a "happy camper"! God is good!

Will definitly go and hug my kids right now! Things like this really help to show us what is important!!

Hugs to you and your fam!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. Those are nasty injuries.

You think you are safe at home, but anything can happen! Thank God that He is the Rock and Refuge that never changes.

Terry

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home