random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

On Tuesday mornings I head out to my Church and spend a couple hours with about 12 other ladies talking, sharing and praying. We are a diverse bunch - ages range from late 30's to early 70's. We come from all different backgrounds and actually, we don't even all go to the same church. It's one of the best things in my life. This week we are talking about "abiding". As in 'abiding in Christ, the Vine'.

Sunday night we had a HUGE storm - not as big as the 'accident' storm but strong winds none the less. I didn't sleep. Not a bit. I was absolutely terrified. The girls slept in our room and they slept very little. We even managed to pull Reid in and he got nervous and then of course he had extra stress because of water being in places it shouldn't be!

So of course I prayed. I asked God to a. Stop the storm
b. Stop me from being so scared
c. Help me to abide

The storm raged, I was frightened and I'm not sure about this whole abiding thing.

Sigh. So much to work through, so much to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home