random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

For the last two weeks I've been thinking more about the accident. I'm sure that many of you are a little tired of the subject - but bear with me. I don't have any actual memory of it so I'm slowly asking questions of the people around me and trying to understand what happened that day.

One thing I don't feel about this event in my life is anger, or sorrow or even fear for that matter. What has up to a point been all about me and my recovery is transforming into a 'God story'. I cannot help but look at what happened and be in awe of a great and powerful God. And, truth be told, it isn't because of the fact that I survived. I could have died and it still would be a 'God story'. When I
consider the happenings that occurred around me - they all point to a great and an extremely powerful God - who, in joy and pain takes care of His people.

But, that's not really what's been on my mind. My excitement has been because I now have my very own, personal "God Story" and I can tell of my God and His power in my life. I love traditions - So many of the Jewish traditions appeal to me. Years ago I was reading through the Old Testament, honestly something I don't like. In Deuteronomy however I came across a phrase that was repeated over and over. It was

Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Deuteronomy 4:8-10

Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children."Deuteronomy 4:9-11

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.Deuteronomy 11:18-20


I love this idea of telling the stories of God to the next generation. Nothing communicates like a great story - and your own personal God Story - well, that really packs a punch. And I love that now I have my own story and Reid & I are telling it to our children. I want them to see how God was in this. How He is the Almighty. And how they can trust Him, even if they don't understand Him.

Do you have a story? I hope you are telling it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home