random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, March 02, 2007

We spent a great deal of this week in Chilliwack at a Piano Festival. Caris and Phoebe both played. They had 2 songs each and of course they were all on different days and evenings. I have to tell you I was dreading the whole affair. Who needs the pressure of playing in front of people and an adjudicator and the scores of volunteers etc etc.

Well, I was wrong. It was a great experience. It gave the girls discipline - they had to commit serious time to practicing - and it gave them confidence. The adjudicator was a wonderful woman who obviously love kids and loves piano. She was so affirming, so positive. The girls walked away from this event with pride and confidence in their abilities. They handled the nerves beautifully and showed me that when push comes to shove - they can do what needs to be done.

I'm a proud mom today. Interesting that something as simple as weekly piano lessons can turn into something so much bigger - that they can somehow crossover and touch all areas of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home