random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Being that my blog is titled "random musings", it should come as no surprise that I have been musing a lot lately. The lingering effects of the accident dictate that I spend more time resting and "musing" than I have in the past. For a couple of weeks my musings were more vague - more trying to put together thoughts that made sense to anyone besides my drug addled self. Now, I'm able to muse a with a bit more clarity. And in my thoughts often is my giving up laziness for lent. I've spent a great deal of time pondering...

Here's my realizations so far. I'm a careless person. Not with my family, nor really with my belongings - but with relationships in general. I am careless with the preciousness of relationship. With friends, with neighbours, with people in general. So a big part of my anti-laziness is learning to value relationships, and putting effort into people. I've been baking for people - just saying thanks for their kindness. I'm making effort to phone (something I NEVER do) people just to say "hi, it's been awhile". I want the people that cross my path to realize that I really do care - and even more - that I need them. I'm picking up some email communication that I've just been lazy about. And I'm trying to connect outside my comfort zone.

Now my 'laziness for lent' is about more than just relationships - but for me, giving time to building relationship is hard. Very hard. But it's also important. And after the overwhelming love and support I've experienced in the last month - I'm willing to work at the important and ignore the mundane.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post !! Sometimes I am the same. Just think of people and not touch base with them. Funny you are always in my thoughts before and after the accident but I always knew you would be there if I called you. I have a friend who just lost her nana, she emailed me for support. I hadn't heard from her in a while but she knows that I am always there for her. I will always be there for you and your family, plus I can make great pies for Rachel's favorite MR. REID!!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home