random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Done. Hallelujah.

We have bought a "new" van. A 2003 Toyota Sienna. I'm thrilled because it met my oh so very high standards
1. Can't be white (it's a dark navy)
2. Has to have good cupholders
3. Has to be automatic (hey, can't use those cupholders if it isn't!)
4. Has to have air conditioning.
5. Can't have a stupid name (like 'neon', or 'matrix' etc etc)

So I'm happy with our purchase - we prayed and it came in almost $200.00 less than our max we wanted to spend. And best of all, Reid can now move on from 'car search' mode to 'putting up baseboards and other menial household tasks' mode. He tends to get a bit obsessive when something is on his mind.

Our last van was a Safari (which we loved because it felt like driving a truck) and we named it Mowgli (get it? Safari/Mowgli: Jungle Book - nudge,nudge) The kids have decided to name this one Skyler. You know, 'cause its blue. Better than the first suggestion of "Bobba-loo-blue" sang in operatic style because it sounded better that way. Can't see Reid going for that one. We'll stick with Skyler. I think it suits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home