random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

So many random thoughts in my head today. Some good, some well, some are just bouncing around with no connection to anything.

In Bible study we are examining the words of Jesus. What Tony Campolo calls "Red Letter Christians". In many Bibles the words that Jesus spoke are in red. Our ladies study decided to start in Matthew and examine just the words that Jesus said. It is such a great and diverse group of ladies. We have been doing this for 4 weeks now and we are just getting into the Beatitudes. There is plenty of discussion and all of it is good solid stuff. I'm very privileged to lead such a group.

But Jesus said a lot of things. "blessed are the poor in spirit(theirs is the kingdom of heaven) ....blessed are they who mourn(they will be comforted).....blessed are the meek(they will inherit the earth).....blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness(they shall be filled)....the merciful(they will be shown mercy) ...the peacemakers(they will be called sons of God) and on it goes. So very different than our cultural teaching - our culture screams out - me first! Take care of number 1! If you have enemies - blow 'em off (or up!) Not so with Jesus. There is a power and a gentleness here that is amazing.

It gives me lots to think about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

It's good to see someone so comfortable with there faith. I enjoyed your blog, keep up the good work.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home