random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I have found it interesting watching the aftermath of Senator Obama's retiring pastor's sermons. I can't condone what he preached. But I think that Senator Obama's response was grace under fire. It was difficult, I'm sure, to stand up and make a response especially a response that deals with the issues raised. Nobody wants to talk about race relations. It is much easier to just pretend that the right thing was done in the '60's and everything is just fine now. Let's not bring it up again.

Isn't that just what we all do. If we don't talk about something - it isn't a problem. Or maybe it is wrong to even bring up certain subjects...those certain core beliefs that are so protected that to even bring them up for discussion is to question things that cannot be questioned.

I've had some interesting conversations with people lately. There are some questions being asked that really don't have easy answers - if they have answers at all. But does that mean that we quit asking? That we just let sleeping dogs lie and keep the status quo?

No. I say question away. Even if it means I lay awake thinking about it all night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home