random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, March 10, 2008

This where we are heading! How amazing is that!!


I apologize (truly and from the bottom of my heart!) for not being more up to date in blog land. It's been a busy couple weeks. The kids had an Easter Musical last night. Phoebe had a speaking role and Caris was helping out with Girls Club. It was a good night - every parent there was beaming. I'm just so glad it's done!

Reid is off to Guelph this week. Yup. Guelph - the land of brrrrr and snow! Poor guy dragged his sorry self out of bed at 5 a.m. to head to the airport. Thankfully I didn't have to drive him.

We've been working in little bits on the house. I converted an upstairs closet to a pantry and we are now about to paint what used to be Caris' room and make it our office/school room. Caris had chosen dark purple and lime green for her room (it's an assortment of spots and stripes right now - and we're going to paint over it into a calm and serene hmmmm very pale blue. It should look nice.

BUT the whopping most exciting news.....which I've of course saved for last...is that we are broke! And WHY are we broke?? Because we've just booked 2 weeks of language study in Antigua Guatemala and then one week visiting in a northern village called Tactic (pronounced Tackteek). We sponsor a child in this village named Mynar. For $34 per month Mynar's cycle of poverty and illiteracy can be changed. There are many children in need of this type of sponsorship and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction if you are interested. Yes, three weeks with our whole family in Guatemala. My sister and her family are coming and even my parents will join us for part of it. We are beyond excited.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After complaining about not being updated I had better comment. Your trip sounds like a wonderful adventure, what a learning experience for all of you but especially the kids.
Mavis

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

When do you leave?
Can I come along?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home