random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

From personal experience I can tell you that our BC Paramedics are a group of highly trained and amazing people. Their job is to walk into emergency situations, assess it, and save lives. And they do. Theirs is a critical, underpaid and underfunded job. There has been much in the news of late as paramedics protest and raise awareness for the ridiculous conditions that they work in.

I am fully aware we are in a recession. In the budget speech later today the rumour is that there will be lots of cuts but NOT in education and health care. I would hope that bodes well for them. Our health care cannot function without these men and women. period.

I fully support their efforts for more pay and funding to keep their services functioning at optimal levels.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Cyndi your support is appreciated.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home