random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Just like the day after graduation.... the world is your oyster, limitless options, the feeling you could do anything and that anything was possible. Just like that - except different. Back then, when I looked to the future it was endless. I couldn't wait to see what hid behind every corner and the adventures that were just waiting for me. These days I don't see the future quite so endless and I smile when I think back and recall those hidden surprises and adventures. I don't long for them quite like I used to.

Well, it isn't the day after graduation and I'm no longer that wide eyed, somewhat naive 17 year old with no money but lots of hope. Well, I guess I've still got no money and perhaps hope tempered with caution. But I am at a place where I'm looking toward the future. Again. Things have changed for me. My days are no longer spent schooling the girls. They are off in public school, making friends, building lives. Having fun. I love it. I love it for them.

But me. Hmm... well, I'm at a new place. I suppose you could say I have options - with a few limitations attached. I want to do something of value. I want to earn some money. I want to find fulfillment.

Am I asking to much?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kuhn said...

HMMMM....I think you may be asking too much actually. Should make for interesting discussion and thought!! I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads though!! Ang

9:50 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

You haven't written here lately. Does that me you are making money while doing something of value that is fullfilling you?

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home