random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, September 23, 2005

I just got a copy of "Call to Commitment" by Elizabeth O'Conner. I've been waiting for this book my whole life! I'm only about 4 chapters in and it is already shaping me and hacking away at my hard heart.

I just came across this quote - read it a few times to really get what she's saying.

...change is one of the characteristics of the Christian community. It should be so much the order of the day that the long undisturbed stretches would make us wonder. We belong to a revolutionary movement. Our task is world wide. We have listened in on the sorrow of God for the lonely and the beaten, for the confused and the driven, for the homeless and the despairing, and we have arrayed ourselves against the principalities of evil. Wherever greed, and lust, and quest for power, and prejudice, and privilege exist, they should find in the Christian Church a threat and an army on the move with a strategy that will change with the shifting lines of the enemy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home