random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I figure that God really must be really trying to grab ahold of me because in the midst of chaos ~ I can still sense His presense and His leading. He is surely trying to give me some direct orders although I'll confess I'm not quite sure what those are yet.

I've been reading "Call to Commitment" and it is really striking a loud chord within me. For a book written 30+ years ago - it is speaking directly to where I am at. I can only read a bit at a time and then I have to process what she's talking about and try to absorb it. I guess I'm seeing what a genuine sold out, really take it serious, life altering real relationship with Christ can look like (in the form of Elizabeth O'Connor and the others at Church of the Saviour) and I see what could be and what is....and frankly what is, is not what I want. So I'm begging the Holy Spirit to take over. I'm more spiritually aware. I'm longing for intimacy with my Creator. I seek it. And I'm finding it as I spend time in reading and in prayer but also in homeschooling and in cooking dinner. I'm realizing that I'm discovering Christ in the mundane tasks that make up most of my life.

I'm expectant. I know God is shaping and forming me. The work is just beginning, but I'm looking forward to the journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger rudy said...

You fly Cyndi! I read all Elizabeth's books and used to own them all. I did a book purge about a year ago and gave them away. It is life changing to read and internalize that what is can be very different. I learned more about the potential of community in her stuff than anywhere else, at the time when I was reading her. I'm glad you find a connection with their perspective. Happy reading and wrestling.
smiles,
rudy

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home