random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

In our ladies Bible Study we've been exploring spiritual disciplines. Right now we are on week #3 discussing 'solitude'. Solitude.... something I don't think has ever really been a daily part of my life. The author of the book says something like "solitude is me, my sinfulness, my desire for God and my lack of desire for God." I find that utterly absolutely true.

I've been able to take time this last week and a half. Time to sit and be alone and quiet with God. I used to have to sit with my pen and paper(for a list of things to do) or at least with my Bible so I could read. But never could I just sit and be. I've been trying to live in the moment. This living in the moment idea allows me to sit and be with the Lord, and just listen. Just sit. And NOT have to have any other purpose than that.

And in my solitude I'm discovering things. Interesting things and ugly things about myself. I see that I actually understand what makes me tick pretty well. I see that I don't desire God as much as I thought I did.

I'm seeing the need for solitude. I'm seeing the importance of being alone and letting God chip away at the muck that is around my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home