random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Tonight is Halloween. To be honest, halloween is a love/hate thing for me. I loved dressing up as a kid & obviously LOVED getting candy. Even now, I love watching my kids figure out what they're going to be, deciding on what they can do to create that particular costume, carving the pumpkin, roasting the pumpkin seeds mmmmm, love when they come home so exhausted and happy with pillowcases full of candy.

But, there is that nasty side. The dark side. It's kind of like Darth Vader. I hate the gore, the blood, the freaky costumes. I hate ghosts and goblins and bats and evil. Does bad reign more tonight than in other nights? Probably not. Bad is always present. Now, I have to say, I absolutely believe that Christ redeems ALL things and that when our family takes part in halloween, we do it as Christians who are light in the darkness.

Ah well, maybe halloween, like Darth Vader will turn from the dark side and come on over to the light - to the good. Maybe all things nasty will be banished from halloween and in its place we'll see sweet, kind things.......then again, maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home