random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

aaagh, here we go again. Pat Robertson never fails to come up with something that gets my underwear in a knot. I quote:

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

WHAT? Did he just say "don't turn to God"? Did he just say "don't ask for His help because He might not be there"?? Oh Pat. In the last week I've twice come across the passage of scripture where the Israelites get tired of waiting for Moses so they make this golden calf and start to worship it. The Lord burns with anger toward them but Moses is able to stand between them and God and the Lord decides not to toast the Israelites. He(the Lord) stays with His people. Over and over in scripture we see examples of a sinful, guilty people calling to the Lord - and He answers. Seek the Lord, the scriptures say, and you will find Him. The Lord is always willing to be found by people - I can't say I know why - we certainly don't deserve it - but nonetheless - He is a faithful and trustworthy God and I can't see Him ignoring us when we call to Him.

Mr. Robertson makes it sound like God is playing Survivor - but in this game, we have the power to vote Him off the island. I sadly shake my head and have to disagree. Where would I be if God left me because I sinned? I am thankful I can say with assuredness "He will NEVER leave me or forsake me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home