random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Canadians will head off to the polls soon. Good thing? Bad thing? Not sure. I only know that I am torn as I've never been torn before. I have never really been so completely unsure how to vote in my life. It may be easier to define what I'm not rather than what I am. I'm not liberal, I'm not conservative, I'm not marxist-leninist, not marijuana, not really ndp .....

Well, maybe socially I lean ndp. Morally I probably don't agree with the ndp but I like their socially responsible agenda. On the other hand, I have enough savy to realize that it would be a fiscal disaster if the ndp were the reigning party (not that I actually believe that could ever happen). I may be in line on some things with the conservatives. and I actually have respect for and like the candidate in our riding. But I have a strong negative reaction to Stephen Harper. I've decided just in the typing of these thoughts that I can write the liberals off completely. I'll never vote for them. Guess that helps me weed out the field a little!

I also have been thinking that I am ok with not agreeing with the government on moral issues. I would NEVER want morality to be something that is legislated. I dislike intensely the crossover between church and state that I've observed in the States.

So does that mean I'm voting NDP? hmmmm maybe. maybe not. I'm still torn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home