random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, November 25, 2005

It's been a week of being assaulted by cliches. Good ones, mind you. Sometimes those simple, short sayings have a way of worming their way deep into the recesses of a brain and making you ponder them - over and over and over.....

I was introduced to the author Parker J. Palmer recently. Never heard of him - but wow. I'm reading his book called "Let your life speak". It is in reading the first couple of chapters that I've been hit with a few thoughts to obsess on. Try these on for size:

"Ask whether what I have done is my life" (from a poem by William Stafford)

"Let your life speak" (An old Quaker saying)

"Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it, listen for what it intends to do with you."

"Who am I? leading to the question "Whose am I?

I'm not in the market for a vocation exactly. But as I consider the idea of being created by God for a specific purpose, with all the special gifts needed to accomplish it, it makes me wonder if what I have done is MY life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home