random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I had an opportunity to sit quietly with the Lord this morning during our Ladies Bible Study. What a much needed time of solitude. I would highly recommend solitude - even a brief hour - as the solution to a head full of chaos. Here are some of the things that God put heavily upon me after reading Number 21:4-9 (look it up)....

Forgive me Lord for complaining
Forgive me for lack of contentment
Forgive me for my wants
Which become so far greater than my needs
My sin is against You. The Lord. And from You alone do I seek forgiveness.
Forgive Lord, my impatience. Forgive me for knowing You are far wiser than I,
but for acting like it is I who should lead.
Forgive this silly woman her lack of wisdom.
You.
You alone do I desire as my guide. I do not wish to walk on a path of my own choosing.

Lord it is You who knows the best course my life should be set on. Grant me grace to accept should this course take me through a dry and barren desert.

By looking at my sin and allowing God to transform it - I will be healed.
God had Moses fashion a bronze snake fastened to a pole and any who were bitten by a poisonous snake need only to look at it and be healed.
In humbleness,
I must acknowledge that I must accept God's provision as the only way to be healed.
I embrace the cross as God's provision for healing. Physically, spiritually and emotionally.
It is the only true path to healing - to life...and it was only necessary because of MY sin.
The bronze snake too was only necessary because of the Israelites disobedience.

And then love.

What love You, Lord, must have to even bother making this provision! It is overwhelming.
To choose the cross. torture. pain. agony.

what passion does this require? what mercy.

It seems inconceivable that I may, in any way, be capable of such a depth of love.
But I am made in YOUR image. That love must be in me in some, albeit, tarnished form.
Father, continue to clean me, to wash me - let the love that You have created to be in me continue to root itself, continue to be polished, and nurtured, that I may grow in great love for You and for my fellow man.

And to come full circle in my thoughts...May my ever growing love for you and those around me, choke out my complaining, my discontentment, my desire for wants.
May it create in me wisdom to allow You - and only You - to guide my life.
May the path chosen for me, by You, be the path I ever choose.

Selah. So be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home