random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, March 27, 2006

As we continue on the topic of Social Justice in our Sunday School class more and more questions are raised. It is interesting to watch how we've (we being Christians) have labelled and divided ourselves up. It seems that it is "liberal" christians who have worn the title of being socially active proudly while the "conservatives" much less so.

Politically speaking you can see it in the particular agendas - 'conservatives' would see their moral agenda strong on abortion, gay marriage & homosexuality, while 'liberals' would say there is much more to be concerned about.

Jim Wallis from Sojourners said it well:

"I think the Religious Right makes a mistake when it suggests that there are only two religious values issues: abortion and gay marriage. Many care about other things, but when it comes to politics, these are their primary political, public issues ... As an evangelical Christian, when I find 2,000 verses in my Bible about poor people, I insist fighting poverty is a moral values issue, too."

I must agree with Mr. Wallis.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home