random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Last night on the National, I watched a segment on this pro-life/pro-choice debate in Mississippi. It left me feeling sick.

I am pro-life. I am against abortion. I do not think that I am against women in choosing my stand.
The image that stuck with me however, was that of a boy - probably 5, certainly no older, pacing outside of a fence circling an abortion clinic, holding a big black Bible, yelling "repent!" and other far less kind words. It was disturbing to me.

I'm not sure of the answer to these debates. I'm not sure that passing laws outlawing abortion clinics is the answer. I'm not sure that having legal abortion clinics has addressed the problem either. I do know that people standing outside an iron fence, yelling Bible verses, among other things, at young women is not helping the problem.

Once again I am reminded that Jesus was all about relationships. We need to be involved in peoples lives. Listening, loving and caring.

Now that may just be part of an answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home