random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Mondays are accountability update day. So here's my week - 7 days of healthy, non-fat, sugar free eating, in accordance with the glycemic index. Very satisfying, filling and tasty food. I can't actually say I struggled but hey, it's only week 1!

I was able to get out and walk four times. I did around 30 min. each time - sometimes a little more, and sometimes a little less. Even when I was feeling crummy with a cold I managed to get my butt up and out the door. My walks ended with me feeling great! It was exhilerating both to walk, and to succeed in a goal that I set. I am a great excuse maker - and I've never had that burning discipline to follow through when it wasn't convenient.

I've got great examples to follow - my brother Greg was/is an amazing athlete. When he trained for hockey - he was so disciplined. He set goals and he followed through, and he reaped the benefits. Reid set a goals to run a half marathon and to do a triathlon. I watched him train when it was nothing but sheer will driving him. Greg and Reid both set goals and acheived them in big ways. My goals are somewhat less lofty but for me they require the same discipline these two have.

So the weeks results are: success in my exercise and I'm down 4 pounds and 1 inch off my waist. I'm pleased.

This week - more of the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home