random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

and it's a GOLD medal for Canada!

I'm such a non-sports person but oh, there is just something about the Olympics. I even didn't completely hate the opening ceremonies - they are usually just a little too over the top for me. Ok, there was some cheesy sections - but there was beauty as well. The human gymnasts creating the peace dove, Peter Gabriel singing "Imagine" - admittedly he's looking a little old - (then again, he IS old) but hey he did a credible rendition of the song.

And of course there's something spectacular when the Olympic flame is lit. It is something that touches even the most cynical.

So this morning, as the girls and I lay in bed watching speed skating I had my first cry - at a Tim Horton's commercial no less....alright, that's pretty humbling to admit.

Then again, as I watched Jennifer Heil(?) ski to Gold for Canada. A beautiful moment - a proud moment.

Way to go team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home