random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Today is the beginning.

You know, when I write the first few words of every blog entry I try to come up with something brilliant and catchy. Something along the lines of "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times...." So far, no catchy starts... ah well.

Okay, back to the beginning. Of what? Well, remember a few entries back I wrote about making the jump to a healthier, more active lifestyle. We have been slowly easing our way into it but today - well, we're just diving. And I'm writing it here so that I have something in black and white to hold me accountable. Eating healthy with smaller portions. Exercising regularly. Recording my weight so I can chart my progress. Both Reid and I have to lose weight. He has about 25-35 pounds, me somewhere around 75 - 80. No I'm not joking. It will take a long time. But that's okay with me. In the long run it could mean a longer life for me, more time with my family and being able to enjoy doing a great deal more things with them.

So, the weeks goals? Wise food choices - following the GI diet and walking 30 min. a day 4 days this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home