random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, February 27, 2006

I went to my first Taize service last night. I thought I was prepared for the experience - and to some extent I was - but not quite.

My first overwhelming feeling was of being part of something bigger than....well, everything. It was a connection with the Church Universal. It was feeling like I was adding my voice to a chorus of Jesus followers that has been going on for hundreds of years. I loved the unity I felt that crossed all denominational lines - unity with believers that have come before me and walk with me now.

The service was beautiful. I certainly entered into communion with God - I'm not sure how you could avoid it. The music and harmonies were breathtakingly beautiful. The candlelight & icons created an atmosphere that drew me in and held me until I was in the car driving home.

I'm already looking forward to going again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home