random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

As I watched the Olympics this week I've experienced many emotions. I've felt pride in some of the interviews the CBC has done with some of the athletes, I've felt disgust with the arrogance of others. I was heartbroken as I watched the men's speedskating semifinals and the Danish team - which had a huge lead - fell and was disqualified.

And then there was just pure 'wow' as I watched the Chinese pairs figure skaters. She had a really nasty fall - I'm sure she did some major damage to her groin and knee - got up, could barely skate and after a time skated a beautiful program with her partner. They won the Silver Medal. It was inspiring to see the grit, determination and courage of the young skater.

This morning in my email I got an update letter from a friend. He and his wife and four kids are serving God with Youth for Christ in Venezuela - although they are re-locating to Argentina in the coming year. The letter is FULL of what God is doing- amazing miracles that they see every day. Lives that are being challenged and changed. They are trusting God for thousands and thousands of dollars to support these huge dreams that God has given them. And they believe that God will do it. That to is inspiring. It is challenging. It takes grit, determination and courage. It takes faith and trust.

I've been thinking of how little I trust God. I wonder if God said 'jump - I'll catch you' - if I could trust Him enough to do it.

I want that kind of faith - I want that faith for my whole family. But it still scares me. More than a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home