random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008



I'm tempted make a joke. or to write some pithy saying. Just kind of write this day off like it isn't of any great matter to me. The photos are our house and my back. I hope it doesn't gross you out - let it make you thankful.

But in fact, this day is of great matter to me. It was one year ago today that the wind propelled a deck to come and visit. And it changed my life.

I still can't say with any great truth that I regret the incident. I don't. I certainly wouldn't choose it but having come out on the other side relatively unscathed - I can see all that I've learned and the positive things that have come out of it. The gift of perspective is huge. And I feel sometimes that before the accident, like most of us, our lives are viewed like we are looking at a stage with the curtains half drawn. Now they are blown full wide open. Perspective.

I am very anxious about today. I feel stress deep down in my belly all the time. I suppose it will one day go away but for now it is just a reminder. I'll get through. It reminds me that we are an intricate creation - and healing is not just for the physical - emotional and spiritual healing is important too. My body is pretty close to being back to where it was - emotionally I'm a little slower. But I've been told by the 'experts' that it just takes time. And fortunately, I've got time.

I'm still undone by people. By the family and friends that overwhelm me with their constancy, with their support and unconditional love. They are truly great.

I could not have walked this far along this road without any of them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. We think of you everytime we hear a wind warning or storm warning for Hope. Mavis

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are strong and beautiful. I thought of you today as I do most days. Usually around lunch time when I know my girl has a shoulder to lean on and an ear for listening. Lots of Love to you!!!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyndi, praising God for keeping you and all the girls safe during that terrible time last year! So proud of how you have come through and continue to pray for you that God will be by your side and help with the healing! Love you lots and thinking of you Tric

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home