random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Reid has a creative side that he doesn't get to put to use at his "day" job. Instead he has created a side business that allows him to use both his computer skills and his artistic eye. One of the things that his business allows him to do is create power point slide presentations for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, funerals. It seems that by far the bulk of his clients thus far have been grieving families who desire a slide show for a funeral.

This past few days he has been prepping a show for a local family. I know a couple of the kids - although they were younger than me. They grew up here - probably went to school with my brother and sister. There are 4 kids. And today they are burying their mom. Reid has been spending his time scanning pictures and putting together a memorial for the woman these kids adored. It is such a privilege. To be allowed to enter into a family's grief and being allowed to view a persons life from babyhood to death and everything in between. We sat with 3 of the 4 last night as they previewed the presentation. I cried as I watched them laugh and cry. Two big men and one grown woman. In such pain and grief.

The slide show will be a great tribute to Linda Joan Chaffer.

But as always, I am overwhelmed with the shortness of life and the importance of spending time with the ones you love most. Death is so final. Every day is a gift of great value and there always seems to be less time than we think there will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home