random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Zero. Zip. Nada.

I didn't complain at all yesterday. I'm quite happy with those results. The challenge of course, is to continue and see how many days you can go without complaining. In general, I am not a complainer. I have my moments - but on the whole - I'm not one to gripe.

So maybe a twist on this challenge would be to not even respond with the negative slant. I was chatting with my brother yesterday and we were talking about how we tend to answer questions to the negative. For example, "How are you doing?" ..."Oh, not bad" or "I'm alright - but so busy!" etc etc etc. You get the idea. We seldom answer a simple "great" or "I'm really doing well thanks". For whatever reason our culture has deemed it necessary that we can't be truly positive & happy (lest we call you names!) and must talk with a bias to the negative.

So I'm going to try to catch that to. Maybe I don't complain, but perhaps I don't let on how truly content I am - or maybe I'm not even aware of how at peace I am.

and by the way...I'm really feeling great today. Thanks for asking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have failed that challenge next challenge please.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

Like this post! What a great thing to be made aware of! Especially for me at this time (just composing a blog about my January blahs)! I think I will finish that blog and then move on, focusing on all that God has done and is doing in my life!

See you Sunday!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home