random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Friday, March 27, 2009

So last night was my first evening of volunteering at Teen Challenge Ladies Centre. It's pretty laid back for me because the girls at the house have a pretty tight schedule. I just have to be a presence.

I learned a few things last night.

One, I have a pretty darn good life. I was raised in a family who loved me unconditionally, who provided for me physically, who encouraged me. I now have a husband who loves me, children who are unbelievably wonderful, a sister who is my closest and dearest friend and I have really good friends that I can count on.

Two, I don't prioritize well. By that I mean I seem to spend more time doing the things that aren't that important and ignoring the things that are. I seem to get caught up in the doing - and forget the being.

Three, people's value can never be judged by other people. We just aren't capable. We look at people who are broken - the addicted, the mentally ill, the emotionally unstable - and we see them as no longer of value. What can they do for the betterment of society?? But we are so wrong. I met some girls last night who were so broken. They struggle with addiction and all that goes along with it. They have suffered abuse and in their addictions,they have been the abusers. But in their pain, in their addictions, in their sufferings, God saw more. God saw them as beautiful children that He created and that He loves. They are all beginning to understand what it is to be valued. They are experiencing a love like no other and that is helping them to beat their addictions.

These girls are healthy are whole and are learning. They are changing physically, emotionally and spiritually. They are becoming what they were created for.

And now we are beginning to see what God saw all along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home