random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Buenas Dias!

Yes, we are home - safe and sound. What a journey. What an adventure. What an opportunity to see God in action...

There is still so much processing to do - it'll be difficult to post all that I observed and learned while in Mexico...but this will be a great place to work out some of the things that God is working out in me.

Several initial thoughts -

1. God is always in control. We travelled hundreds of kms. over some totally isolated, mountain roads. We saw accidents along the roads with people sitting bleeding or even in one case - covered in a blanket. We had a tire blowout and brakes that well, were in bad shape. We had numerous schedule changes and in each case we all could say without a doubt that God was in complete and utter control.

2. People are important. I think one of my favorite things about Mexico is that it is all about relationships. There is nothing that is more important than spending time with people - talking, hanging out, playing soccer, frisbee or basketball. What a huge lesson.

3. God is big. I know, you're reading this and saying "duh". But sitting in a worship service in Spanish and sharing in worship with people in another country, watching and hearing how God is moving in Mexico and changing lives....it makes you realize that God is so much bigger than our North American mindset allows us to understand. We get glimpses - but really it is hard to understand. I got a glimpse.

It was such a privelege to serve on this trip. I was blessed by so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home