random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, January 24, 2008


I know that the U.S. celebrated Martin Luther King day a couple days ago. What can I say- I'm running a little slow these days. I found this quote and have been thinking about it a great deal. To react to hate with hate is really, a typical human response. Of course, Jesus taught a different way. It is in responding with light and love that we bring the Kingdom of God to our very broken world. I proclaim God's love when I reach out to the unlovable and take care of them.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home