random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Such a weekend. Reid had to work Sat. and Sun. so it was just the girls and I. We spent most of Sat. outside in the yard. Working, digging, prepping...very tiring but very satisfying.

The sermon yesterday was about simplicity. Living simply - in terms of stuff and in terms of attitude. It was a thoughtful and somewhat provoking message. I'm still processing and I'll write more as I do. Reid & I watched a movie last night called "Into the Wild". It fit well along the theme of Simplicity. I wasn't expecting to really enjoy it. But I did. It was a true story about a 23 year old man in the States who made some radical lifestyle choices in the 1990's. It was slow. But it was beautifully filmed and had some even more beautiful truth contained in it. Kinda a tale about finding truth and happiness and what that looks like. ***SPOILER**** If you like happy ending - you aren't gonna like this movie. I must confess after hanging in there for the slow paced 2 hours plus - it was a huge let down of an ending. But on the other hand...well, it was a story worth telling and watching.

I'm heading out to Yale today. I'm going to be working this Summer for the Yale Historical Society. I'm not sure what that looks like right now - I'll know more after today. But suffice it to say I'm very much looking forward to it. I've always loved Yale so I think it will be a good fit for me.

And this evening I will spend some time painting. I'm going to finish a painting I've had sitting for weeks and weeks. I'm finally ready to wrap it up.

Good things on the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home