random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Another thought that has been floating in my head for many years but came to the surface in Mexico was the idea of simplicity.

I was so struck as we walked into our 2400 sq. ft home, filled with stuff, with just how excessive we are. North Americans are blessed, yes...but we are also extreme and we are greedy. I am extreme and greedy.

So this week I have been plagued with this idea. What does it mean? What does it look like? Where do I start? I can see it is no easy task - you have to change not only what you've surrounded yourself with - but you must tackle the mind as well. I have to discipline myself to think simply. To think "need" not "want".

Lord, teach me. Show me where to dig in and start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home