random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Church today was quite an experience. We had a First Nations Gathering. One of the fellows in our Church has been following his call from God and taking the first steps toward reaching out to our First Nations brothers and sisters. A few monthes ago we had an awareness evening and that led to many sessions of prayer and finally to yesterdays morning service. I enjoyed it all immensely. I see that we have a culture that live among us that we don't even begin to understand. It was a good time of worship and maybe the start of some reconciliation.

On a happy note...a young man, who is first nations, is going to be graduating from high school this Sat. The extra-exciting thing is that he is the first in his family to graduate - ever! How amazing to think of the long cycle that he is breaking. He has had an amazing home to be raised in. Our good friends have been his foster parents for many many years. They have provided him with stability, encouragement, with love and support. They have walked with him from childhood into manhood and while he still has many hurdles to overcome - he is jumping over a huge one just by graduating from highschool. Way to go Ray!! We are proud of you!

I'm still working my way through Mexico thoughts. I am constantly trying to keep Mexico in the forefront of my mind so that I live differently. I want to choose wisely with how I spend my time and my money. I want the experience of being in Mexico to change our lives completely. But it is so difficult. It's hard to not let life just roll over you and push out thoughts and ideas that make you uncomfortable, that are challenging.

My prayer is that my life will change - that my families lives will change - that the way we live will affect change not only in the lives of those we live among, but the lives of people in Mexico. Maybe a lofty goal - but we CAN bring about change. We can change peoples lives all around the world with the choices we make everyday in Canada. For example, a small (very very) thing that we are changing is that we are buying Fair Trade Coffee. Supporting this industry will change the lives of many growers in many Latin American countries.

How easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home