random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Last night we served dinner for the Grads from our Youth Group, their parents and for the rest of the youth. It was tiring but a great night.

Jeff (Pastor that is) gave a 6 min. (very impressive) "talk". His first piece of advice was to remind everyone that if someone came to the door checking for deerticks and requests that you take off all your clothes - DON'T DO IT! It's a scam. They just want to see you naked. Whew! I'm so glad I heard this advice in time. Who knows what might have happened. But then of course he rolled out the wisdom....

A few wise words for the grads to take with them as they head off out of highschool. I don't know if they affected the grads - I'm sure they did- but they have stuck with me. Okay, so I actually forgot point two and had to ask for a lifeline - but on the whole, they stuck!

1. Remember you are not your own.
*I'm a Christian, that means that I belong to the one who created me. I am God's. How comforting,..... how freaky!
2. Live a life of humility.
*As Jeff reminded us, on the night before Jesus, Lord of the Universe, was crucified, He washed His disciples feet. He humbled Himself and asked for us to do just He had done.
3. Live a life of passion.
*Passion for God. Passion for doing what He calls you to do. Passion for this wonderful gift of life.

Not just wise words for grads I'm thinkin'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home