random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Monday, July 10, 2006

I finished "Through Painted Deserts" by Donald Miller. I finished last week actually but I haven't wanted to write any reflections yet - I'm not sure why. It is rare that I am sad to finish a book so I was surprised when I came to the end of this book and felt profoundly sad. I was almost moved to tears that it was over. A strange reaction.

The book is not by any means a deep theological piece of writing. It's simple in fact. I can't express to you how much I enjoyed these two travelling companions. The way they interacted with each other, the cadence of the writing, the simple God thoughts...I guess they struck me just the right way. I learned some things that have touched me way down deep. I'll share them later - maybe.

Read the book. See what hits ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home