random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Today my oldest daughter is 12.

Twelve.

I'm a little in shock. It seems like an hour ago we were stuffing her in her car seat or trying to get her to eat her pureed squash. We blinked and suddenly she's going off on bike rides with her friends instead of asking us to teach her to ride a two wheeler.

From the beginning (okay minus the months and months of colic) Caris has been a blessing to us. And now at twelve, she is truly a lovely young lady. She is kind, funny, laid back. She loves Jesus and wants to grow and become more like Him. She is creative and comfortable to be different. I've always loved her - but what a bonus to LIKE her as well!

Pause today and watch your children. Really watch them. Capture the moment in your heart. And remember that those moments will never happen again.

I bet we'd spend our days and our time a little differently if we could remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home