random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I've just returned from a funeral. I'm feeling profoundly sad. But I also am feeling inspired. Inspired because his life was inspirational. Vic McMillan changed our family. He was Jesus - not talked about - but LIVED Jesus. It was because of him that my dad came to know Jesus- because while my dad could pick off a hypocrite at a hundred paces, he had nothing bad to say about Vic. And throughout the course of his life, he lived out his faith and in that drew my dad.

I will be grateful forever.

But today I see that it wasn't just my family who was changed. He affected hundreds of lives. Vic was humble, he was a servant, he loved God, he loved the scriptures, he loved his family and he loved people. In his life, he paid attention and listened to people - praying for each one.

The Church was packed today. As I knew it would be. Vic would have been embarrassed. He'd probably be really surprised that God could have ever used him in the way that He did. But God did use him and Vic was always willing and ready.

He will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home