random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Well, hi. Remember me? Yup, I'm back. Maybe. Since that last post way back in the Summer so much has happened and there is so little to say. But here I am for those of you who have asked...and by the way...thanks for asking.

I have had a summer of shall we say, growth. Isn't that what trials are supposed to bring about? So I guess I grew a great deal this summer. My job. Well, it's over. And I'm relieved - I LOVED the job but there were other complications...people, power and politics and they just proved to be to much stress for me.

But really the job stress proved to be relatively insignificant compared to other events of the summer. Tragedies. Plural. In the span of a month we buried two young men who were 19 & 21 years old. Then on Labor Day a wonderful and godly man that we loved dearly passed away after a short 8 month battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 67. Alex and Dacre were young. They had little time to build a lasting legacy. But Nick did. His death is still heartbreaking and tragic. But the legacy he left will last many lifetimes. We were also confronted with the diagnosis of cancer. Two actually. One is my Brother in laws dad. The other a friend's aunt. This other friend also has a 10 year old niece diagnosed with a very rare disease that will eventually take her life - sooner rather than later.

So it's been a weighty summer. Heavy. But faced with death you are also confronted with how you live. You know what? It matters HOW you live. The daily choices we make matter. Our lives are short.

It's easy to forget that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home