random musing

Thoughts that pop into my head from time to time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hope, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a wife, homeschooling mom, and lover of art. I seek to follow Jesus completely.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I cannot believe how quickly things change in life. The blink of an eye. Really. I was offered and accepted the position of Curator/Site Manager of the Yale Historical Site and Museum. Holy Canolie. I'm slightly overwhelmed, possibly in over my head. But I'm beyond excited at the opportunity. I love museums. Always have. And oddly enough, I've always had a soft spot for Yale. I have many many fond memories of spending weekends in Yale at the Ball Park when my dad played and coached the Yale Mens Fastball team. We spent lots of time in the community. So this is a great challenge and I'm thrilled.

So while my life is changing - apparently BC is not. We've elected Gordon Campbell and the Liberal Government for a third consecutive term and said NO to the STV. Seems that with the recession people are afraid of rocking the boat and shaking things up. I suppose I can understand that. Maybe not my own choice but I do understand. You do have to wonder at the stat I just heard - only 48% of eligible voters chose to cast a ballot in this election. That is incredibly low. It seems that apathy as well as fear of change was the order of the day.

I can only hope that the Liberals lead well. That they are not as ruthless with cuts to health care and education. That they are well opposed by the NDP.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home